LEED Certified Hotel near Chicago -Hotel Arista is the first LEED certified hotel in Illinois as recognized by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- 75% of our building receives natural lighting from double-pane, soundproof, energy efficient windows
- Energy Star-approved windows with Low E, a highly reflective coating that keeps heat inside during the winter and outside during the summer, reducing the need for supplemental heating or cooling.
- Climate-controlled heating and ventilating systems are activated when the guest checks in and deactivated at checkout or when the guestroom is unoccupied for a period of time.
- Occupancy/light sensors in all administrative areas.
- Motion-sensor indoor LED lighting.
- All hybrid vehicles get free valet parking.
- All of our transport vehicles are hybrids.
Green Seal™ Certified Hotel near Chicago -Hotel Arista solidifies its reputation as a top environmentally responsible hotel with its recent Silver certification designation from Green Seal, a nonprofit organization that develops stringent environmental standards for businesses and products. "Hotel Arista meets Green Seal Standard™ GS-33 based on waste minimization, water and energy efficiency, hazardous substance handling, and an environmental purchasing policy. GreenSeal.org."
Conserving Resources -Our approach to conserving resources is environmentally sensitive and
comfortable for guests.
- We use 30% less water and 21% less energy than most hotels.
- Savings is reflected in reduced energy and water usage, less chemical disposal and increased longevity
- Product used in our laundry area is acknowledged by the EPA.
- Digital Guest Phone System eliminates the need for a paper guest directory.
- Consumable paper products, including 20% PCW toilet tissue and facial tissue, are used in our guest rooms.
- All rooms features dual flush toilets and low flow water fixtures.
- Carpet throughout the hotel is made of recycled materials.
- Office copy machines and printers are defaulted to double sided printing.
Protecting the Earth -We minimize our impact on the environment through innovative eco friendly hotel programs and decisions.
- Our kitchen recycles cooking oil.
- We work with local vendors for office supplies to help reduce greenhouse gases by saving miles transporting and shipping. We only purchase environmentally friendly items in bulk.
- Cleaning products are EPA-certified.
- Property limits the purchase of disposable food service items, and uses only environmentally friendly items that decrease the amount of waste going to landfills.
- Bicycle storage is provided for reduced pollution from auto use.
- We encourage alternative transportation and provide 5.3% of total parking spaces for carpool
- In-room coffee makers use 30% rainforest alliance certified coffee.
- 50% of construction waste was reused or recycled during construction of our building.