LEED Certified Hotel near Chicago -Hotel Arista is the first LEED certified hotel in Illinois as recognized by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- 75% of our building receives natural lighting from double-pane, soundproof, energy efficient windows
- Energy Star-approved windows with Low E, a highly reflective coating that keeps heat inside during the winter and outside during the summer, reducing the need for supplemental heating or cooling.
- Climate-controlled heating and ventilating systems are activated when the guest checks in and deactivated at checkout or when the guestroom is unoccupied for a period of time.
- Occupancy/light sensors in all administrative areas.
- Motion-sensor indoor LED lighting.
- All hybrid vehicles get free valet parking.
- All of our transport vehicles are hybrids.
Green Seal™ Certified Hotel near Chicago -Hotel Arista solidifies its reputation as a top eco friendly hotel with its recent Silver certification designation from Green Seal, a nonprofit organization that develops stringent environmental standards for businesses and products. Hotel Arista is one of just 16 hotels in Illinois to earn Green Seal silver certification with specific regard to the lodging industry. The award, which must be earned each year, shows that Hotel Arista meets demanding criteria in eco-friendly hotel operations in areas including, but not limited to, recycling, energy and water conservation, and socially responsible purchasing.
Conserving Resources -Our approach to conserving resources is environmentally sensitive and
comfortable for guests.
- We use 30% less water and 21% less energy than most hotels.
- Savings is reflected in reduced energy and water usage, less chemical disposal and increased longevity
- Product used in our laundry area is acknowledged by the EPA.
- Digital Guest Phone System eliminates the need for a paper guest directory.
- Consumable paper products, including 20% PCW toilet tissue and facial tissue, are used in our guest rooms.
- All rooms features dual flush toilets and low flow water fixtures.
- Carpet throughout the hotel is made of recycled materials.
- Office copy machines and printers are defaulted to double sided printing.
Protecting the Earth -We minimize our impact on the environment through innovative eco friendly hotel programs and decisions.
- Our kitchen recycles cooking oil.
- We work with local vendors for office supplies to help reduce greenhouse gases by saving miles transporting and shipping. We only purchase environmentally friendly items in bulk.
- Cleaning products are EPA-certified.
- Property limits the purchase of disposable food service items, and uses only environmentally friendly items that decrease the amount of waste going to landfills.
- Bicycle storage is provided for reduced pollution from auto use.
- We encourage alternative transportation and provide 5.3% of total parking spaces for carpool
- In-room coffee makers use 30% rainforest alliance certified coffee.
- 50% of construction waste was reused or recycled during construction of our building.